Representative Payne is a Palatka native and serves in District 19, which covers all of Bradford, Putnam and Union counties as well as the southern and central portions of Clay County. He was employed by Seminole Electric Cooperative, Inc., for 38 years in numerous management positions and retired in May 2019.
He graduated from Jacksonville University (BA) and Nova Southeastern University (MBA)
He is a member of First Baptist Church of Palatka
He has served on numerous boards and committees throughout his life including:
- Board Member of the Putnam County Chamber of Commerce, 25+ years, Past Chairman 2006 and Executive Committee member
- Member of Sunrise Rotary Club, 27 years, past Board Member and President – 2000
- Member of Haven Hospice Robert’s Care Center – Capital Fundraising Campaign, 2003 to 2004
- Current Member of Haven Hospice Robert’s Care Center Community Advisory Board
- Co-Chair of the Arc of Putnam County annual fundraiser, 2015, 2016
- St. Johns River State College – Executive Athletic Board
- Putnam County United Way Board, 7 years and past Treasurer, 3 years
- Fundraising Chair, 2009/10 Timiqua District Boy Scouts
- Past Chair of Palatka High School Athletic Boosters Club and baseball club
- Member of the countywide solid waste advisory board
- Member of the NRA
- Member of Save Rodman
- Member of Putnam Cancer Center Advisory Council
Representative Payne has passed numerous bills over his first four years in office. Key among those are:
- Shifting the Burden of Proof in a Stand your Ground Case back to the State, so the State must prove you are guilty in order to prosecute.
- Veterans Protection which makes the abuse of Veterans finance a white-collar crime.
Service Member Protection which protects the parental rights of parents while they are in service for our country.
- Protected Special District throughout the state from frivolous lawsuits when information may not always be available on the intranet.
- Passed Landmark Legislation in 2020 & 2021 in order to improve and protect waterbodies throughout the state and as well as protect Rural and Agricultural Industry from overzealous environmental regulations.
- Served as the House Ways & Means Chair in 2021 passing significant corporate income taxation packages.
- Passed a significant campaign financing bill.
- And sponsored HB-2A, The Gaming Compact Ratification during the Special Session of 2021.
The Florida House Republican Campaign Committee endorses and urges you to vote for Paul Renner, Daniel Perez, and Bobby Payne, Republicans, for State Representative. Paid by the Florida House Republican Campaign Committee, 1103 Hays St. Tallahassee, FL 32301. Approved by Paul Renner, Daniel Perez and Bobby Payne.