Representative Josie Tomkow was elected in May 2018 in a special election, and re- elected in November 2018 and November 2020. She currently serves on the Commerce Committee, Appropriations Committee, and Joint Committee on Public Counsel Oversight. She serves as Chair of the Agriculture & Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee and as Vice Chair of Agriculture & Flooding Subcommittee.
She is a seventh generation Floridian and a third generation cattle rancher, involved in the beef livestock industry since birth.
She grew up spending summers working cattle with her family, assisting other ranchers in Polk County and surrounding areas, and working for the family business, Cattlemen’s Livestock Market.
She attended the University of Florida, earning a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a minor in Agricultural and Natural Resource Law. During her time in college, she worked in Tallahassee and Washington, D.C. advocating on behalf of the agriculture industry.
Representative Tomkow is an active member of Florida Farm Bureau & Florida Cattlemen’s Association. In her spare time she enjoys hunting, traveling, and watching Gator football.
- Florida Chamber of Commerce – 2019 & 2020 Honor Roll
- Florida Farm Bureau – 2019 & 2020 Champion for Agriculture
- Florida Coalition for Children – 2019 Legislator of the Year
- American Conservative Union Foundation – 2019 Conservative Excellence Award Florida 4-H –2020 Legislative Champion Award
- Florida Public Broadcasting – 2020 Legislative Champion Award
- Florida Federation of Republican Women – 2020 Legislator of the Year
- Children’s Home Society – 2020 Legislator of the Year.
The Florida House Republican Campaign Committee endorses and urges you to vote for Paul Renner, Daniel Perez, and Josie Tomkow, Republicans, for State Representative. Paid by the Florida House Republican Campaign Committee, 1103 Hays St. Tallahassee, FL 32301. Approved by Paul Renner, Daniel Perez and Josie Tomkow.